NONE! Just your passion for lashes! :)
This course is designed for anyone who is wanting to learn lash extensions, and not just classic, but volume and hybrid as well. In our Master Lash Course, students can expect to learn these three techniques as well as touching on mega volume lash extension application. There is the option to add on the mega volume in-classroom class that is offered one month after this course. This allows students to grasp the fundamentals of lash extensions before going on to learn the advanced mega volume technique.
Students are required to complete the online theory component before coming to the class. This will be done through Snob Academy's Online Training Portal. Once enrolled, students will get a username and password to start learning the fundamentals of lash extensions. This portal is also where students will be required to submit their 20 models photos and where they will have on-going communication and support with their educator. Videos and information will be available to them after the course where they can use these resources to brush up when needed.
- Online Training takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete. (must be done prior to taking the course)
- In Classroom Training - 18 hours (2 days)
- Practicum - ~ 60 hours (20 model submissions)
- Students will practice both on artificial lashes on Day 1 as well as a real model on Day 2 at 2:30 pm.
- This course does have a business essentials component, where we touch on the basics of starting up a business and marketing.
COURSE COMPLETION & CERTIFICATION
We want our students to be proud to be a Lash Snob. What does that mean? Practice, Practice, Practice!! There's no other way to be a great lash artist than with tons of practice. That is why we get our students to submit 20 model photos. This allows them to get quality feedback and tips from their educator that they can take and apply to their next models.
Students must submit their 20 models within 12 weeks after taking the course. This ensures students start practicing their lashing skills immediately. They will be required to demonstrate all of the techniques in order to be certified. A written reflection is required with how long it took them to complete the lash application, the lash design and style they chose for their client as well as challenges they had. This gives the educator some insight into how they are doing, and allows the students to see how to correct their own work. The approximate amount of time it takes to complete the practicum is approximately 60 hours.
Edmonton - The House of Snob
11807 B 105th Avenue
Vancouver - Joanna Keller Beautique
161 East Pender Street
In A Nutshell - What You Will Learn
- What Is the difference between Classic, Volume & Mega Volume?
- Types of Extensions - Silk, Mink, Real Mink, Ellipse.... the list goes on.
- Curls / Lengths / Diameters
- Gel Pad & Taping Technique
- Lash Growth Cycle
- Types of Tweezers
- How To Hold Your Tweezers
- Proper Posture - Ergonomics
- Lash Lighting
- Adhesive Ingredients and How to Care for your Adhesive
- Allergies Versus Irritations
- Nano Mister - What is it and what is the purpose for one?
- Adhesive Control - Let's not glue our Clients Lashes Shut!
- Fan Qualities - You're a Lash Snob now. This means you're all about Fan-Perfection!
- Lash Weight Chart - Let's not damage our Client's lashes with too heavy of an extension.
- The Art and Application of Classic Lash Application
- The Art of Fan Making - Volume (we do touch on Mega Volume)
- Creating Classic, Hybrid, Volume & Lash Designs (Natural, Round, Doll, Kitten, Cat... any other fun designs).
- Removing Lash Extensions Safely.
- Aftercare Instructions for the different techniques - We want those lashes to LAST for Weeks!
- Fill Techniques - Seeing those clients every 2-3 weeks to maintain them!
- Consultation / Sample Consent Form / Dealing with Legalities
- Safety & Sanitation
- Eye & Skin Diseases
- Troubleshooting - Dealing with Difficult lashes and Clients!
- The What Ifs? How to navigate lash situations.
- Starting Your Business: Registering Your Business, Business Plans and all that jazz.
- What should I be? Sole Proprietor vs. Incorporating
- Marketing Your Business - Strategy and Branding
- How to Get Clients
- Products for resale
- Naming Your Business
- Printing Services / Website Services
- How to Charge for Your Services
- Working From Home Vs. Commercial Space
- Bookkeeping - Doing it yourself vs. contracting out
- Practical Component - Practicing with guided hands-on support.